Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
- Enter trucking requisitions into the scheduler correctly with applicable information.
- Organize routes and workloads based on urgency, locations and truck deck space.
- Work and communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Oversee driver’s daily assigned loads, routes and timely completion.
- Complete trucking requisitions once they are confirmed to be completed.
- Complete daily billing sheets for administration
- Notify Fleet Manager of any damage, accidents or CVOR violations.
- Gauge and assess total workload and call in contract trucks as required.
- Assist and provide back-up when necessary to rental desk.
- Assist other departments and customers within Premier Equipment as required.
- Schedule drivers holidays and fill in drivers as needed
- Perform any paperwork for oversize permitting
- Schedule truck maintenance, inspections, and e-testing
- Inspect drivers daily logs and get to administration in a timely fashion
- Keep drivers informed of rules and regulations pertaining to trucking and Premier company policies
- Work with fleet manager and drivers on any new equipment and vehicle / driver needs
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Above average knowledge of agricultural, construction and lawn/garden equipment including understanding of dimensions and weights.
- Highly organized and detail oriented while striving for accuracy at all times.
- A team player with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Negotiation skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Above average computer skills. Experience with electronic dispatch tablet systems.
- AZ licence required and previous dispatch experience would be an asset.
- Previous experience with oversize loads would be an asset
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.