Location: Tavistock, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations.
- Monitors annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Monitors Parts Department marketing monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes annual physical inventory cycle counts and proper counter procedures.
- Ensure that all Department reporting and submission are completed within the proper time frames and deadlines.
- Maximizes use of special terms and stock orders to achieve management stock order goals.
- Ensures all department tools, equipment and vehicles, if applicable, are in good working order.
- Identify deficiencies within the parts department and make recommendations on corrective action to the Store Manager and implement action plans as directed.
- Maintain staff schedules to ensure that the Department is adequately staffed at all times, including Duty List and compliance.
- Assist the Store Manager with recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
- Any other responsibilities as designated by the Store Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- 1+ years experience in Parts Department operations.
- Experience leading others is beneficial.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.