Location: Norwich, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on agricultural CWP and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in required Service EDUCATE Training programs.
- Supports customer clinics.
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order.
- May promote and sell Premier Equipment Ltd. service programs directly to customers.
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory in the vehicle.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, trailer, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 4+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Saturday rotation and on-call availability will be required.
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Advanced or Master Service Technician certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) preferred.
- Fork lift license preferred.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.