Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
** This position is located in Elmira with our sister company Premier Equipment Rentals ***
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on a variety of rental equipment in the shop and on the road.
- Highly safety conscious with basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Work with high standards to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Perform rental return check-ins and check outs to meet Rent Ready Standards
- Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field.
- Maintain safe, clean work environment and perform duties in accordance with safety standards.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural, construction and turf equipment.
- Willing and able to work on call/Saturdays as required in support of the business
- Organized and analytical with high attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Self-motivated team player with high integrity and initiative
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Valid G driver’s license required with a clean Driver's Abstract.
At Premier Equipment Rentals, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.