Location: Listowel, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Manages the entire work order cycle process; generation through closing and invoicing for customer and internal work orders. Reviews work orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists with the assignment of jobs and work areas to service department employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensure all accounts payable invoices utilize purchase order system and are properly posted to appropriate work order. All invoices including routine departmental invoices receive the proper G/L account numbers and are forwarded to A/P clerk.
- Sells service labour and parts ensuring all techs are highly productive so that budgets and goals are met.
- Answering customer calls, assign and organize day to day workload within the service department.
- Prepare and present quotes to customers for repairs and obtain approvals.
- Ensures all assigned work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures all service Warranty and Product Improvement Programs are completed, submitted to the warranty administrator within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Monitor WIP on a daily basis to achieve the company goal.
- Assist service manager with the control of lost time to ensure the corporate goal of 10% is met.
- Schedule all service department trucking as required and assist, inter-departmentally as required.
- Advises Service Manager of all customer complaints.
- May approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer upon payment.
- Assist in providing performance feedback for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager.
- Assists the Service Manager in all aspects of the Service Department.
Skills and Requirements:
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Participation in Saturday rotation and on call program will be required.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.