Location: Listowel, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Assists with the assignment of jobs and work areas to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge
- Ensures all assigned work is completed in a timely manner
- Assists in the appraisal of work orders coming into the Service Department and may participate in repairs. May review work orders for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for technicians and all internal and external customers, ensuring healthy relations
- Directs and assists in the diagnosis of machine problems with technicians and apprentices
- Assists Service Manager with technician recruitment
- Advises Service Manager of all customer complaints
- May approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer upon payment
- Assist in providing performance feedback for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager
- Assists the Service Manager in all aspects of the Service Department
- Maintain a minimum of 80% of Shop Foreman hours billable to revenue work orders
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Service Technician
- Ability to lead others
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Fork lift license would be beneficial but will train if required
- Rotating Saturdays may be required
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.