Location: Norwich, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains effective Sales Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Helps create annual Sales Department goals and budgets in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives. Helps execute Sales Department Marketing Plans and reviews progress monthly to ensure achievement of department goals while realizing margin and market share targets.
- Maintains a complete goods pricing strategy to achieve budgeted sales, market share and financial objectives.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common processes throughout the Sales Team assigned.
- Supports the overall company strategy on used equipment and inventory.
- Develops and manages a customer relationship process that includes; a positive interaction with the customer base, customer profiling and classification, call scheduling, target marketing and 100% customer contact after the sale. This would include regular customer visits with key accounts along with sales professionals.
- To coach sales people how to achieve and surpass individual goals through: effective prospecting of customers, acting as a Consultive Partner with customers, importance of controlling the selling process, future focused call reports and the importance of value selling.
- To assist sales people in developing individual plans and strategies designed to meet the organizational objectives as well as the sales person’s compensation targets.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains key talent. Develops individual development plans for each sales professional. Works well with Sales Leadership Team to develop and integrate plans between AG, Turf and CCE sales.
- Meets bi-weekly with sales team to effectively provide tactical and strategic direction. Attends and participates in Sales Leadership Team and all storewide meetings.
- Works effectively with Store and other Sales Managers to ensure AG, Turf and CCE products are displayed and supported, in a positive manner to be attractive to current and potential customers.
- Supports a strong and positive culture within the sales organization that fosters the values Premier has in place.
Experience, Education, Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years management and sales experience in Sales Department operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Sales Department operations. Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to speak effectively one-on-one or within a group is a necessity.
- Familiarity with agricultural, turf and landscaping practices, or John Deere or competitive AG and Turf products would be considered an asset.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.