Location: Smithville, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Market, demonstrate, and sell, Ag, and Turf, new and used whole goods products.
- Promote any other goods, or services, that the Company has to offer. Be informed of Company promotions, or special events in all departments.
- Profile new and existing customers while ensuring existing customer satisfaction with products, or services.
- Keep abreast of business trends that will affect customer purchases.
- Attend John Deere, or in-house training seminars, and product intros as well as farm, and/or Turf trade shows.
- Keep current on product knowledge, features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the Company.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- A competitive, self-starter, who is disciplined and goal orientated.
- Excellent communication skills with good listening skills are necessary to determine the needs of our customers.
- Good organization and time management skills are required.
- Familiarity with current farming practices/GPS and Precision Agriculture.
- Knowledge of Agricultural Equipment/Farming Communities.
- Dairy industry knowledge and experience would be an asset.
- Rotating weekends will be required.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.