Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
*** This position will be located at our Elmira location or another Premier location that is suited to the successful candidate.
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
The Training Manager will be responsible for all aspects of training and development within Premier Equipment. They will have a keen interest in producing targeted and tangible results by supporting an effective and efficient workforce.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job and gap analysis, career paths, (including JDU) in collaboration with Managers and HR best practices.
- Oversees training programs that may include but not limited to web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs across all departments and tracks any necessary prerequisites needed for training.
- Modified or creates course materials and training materials to meet specific training needs.
- Oversees a “train the trainer” program with the goal of having certified trainers providing world class training for new hires and internal cross training.
- Responsible for the effective audit of the training programs and trainers to ensure established standards are being met according to the organizational needs.
- Works with Managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods based on the needs of the training group.
- Effectively manage the training budget.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Drive Premier values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organizational goals and needs of individuals and departments.
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and outside training support to develop and deliver training.
- Manage the technologies and work with the IT team to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Assist with coordination of training events which includes but not limited to travel arrangements (including flights/hotels), registrations, etc.
- Ensuring any necessary pre-requisites have been met for any employee attending training.
- Attend John Deere “train the trainer” programs and redeliver information back to dealership.
- Create an employee certification program that identifies varying levels of skills.
- Assist with onboarding training assistance by working closely with subject matter experts.
- Involvement in course content and employee tracking of Premier Leadership University.
- Provide Customer Experience training for new hires and ongoing support to employees with any Customer Experience issues.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience in training and development management.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resource Management or Adult Education preferred but not required.
- Experience in a John Deere training environment would be an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with course development and executing successful training programs for all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office tools and internet applications.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- AG Dealership experience preferred but not required.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.