Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
*** The location of this position is flexible depending on the successful candidate.
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- To drive the focus and importance of the Dairy Customer Segment at all Premier locations, in all departments, leading to overall sales, unit population and market share growth.
- Be the Product Specialist for new Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH), Large Square Balers (LSB), Hay Tools, Harvest Lab, Manure Sense and TMR Mixers within the organization.
- Champion the Jaylor TMR Mixer business and be the main point of contact for Jaylor.
- Assist the Sales Team in marketing and demonstration of all focus products required by Dairy Producers, including both new and used Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH), Large Square Balers (LSB), Hay Tools, TMR Mixers and all other products utilized by this customer segment.
- Be involved in the customer qualification and quoting process, specific to focus products. Develop tools for the Sales Team to assist in selling against the competition.
- Work closely with Sales Managers at all locations on tactics and initiatives specific to their AOR. Attend Sales Team meetings as required.
- Assist in setting annual unit budgets, developing marketing plans, tactics, and initiatives specific to the dairy segment and targeted products. Works towards executing with the Team.
- Conduct on farm visits with the Sales Team as required. Assist in maintaining relationships with existing customers while also profiling and seeking new business. Maintain records of all customer calls and interactions, to be recorded in our CRM.
- Maintain the Premier Dairy Customer list in our CRM, by adding and removing customers as needed.
- Provide both internal employee training and external customer training as required.
- Assist with the Field Starts of new and used Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH) and Large Square Balers (LSB) sold to customers, as required.
- Promote Premier’s aftermarket offerings for both parts and service, including assisting in the development of service agreement packages that can be tailored for different products and operations.
- Keep abreast of new business trends to assist with new product stock ordering, ensuring we have the right product and options to meet customers needs and requirements.
- Identify new business opportunities with both products and on farm services that Premier can assist and grow in with customers.
- Have a solid understanding of all competitive brands and their product offerings for dairy, allowing you to be an expert in the industry.
- Work with the Marketing Team on advertising, targeted marketing campaigns, social media, and customer events.
- Promote any other goods or services that the company has to offer. Stay informed of all company promotions, or special events in all departments.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- A competitive, self-starter, who is discipline and goal orientated.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and listening skills are a necessity.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills are required.
- A passion for the dairy industry, knowledge about current farming practices, animal nutrition and on farm technology, including Precision Agriculture.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment and farming communities.
- Ability to work well with others in a Team setting.
- Comfort level with various computer systems, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.