Location: Listowel, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, and many other perks. Deemed an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Responsible for receiving / unloading / loading large parts orders and small equipment orders and verifying the accuracy and condition of all incoming and outgoing orders.
- Receiving bundles and attachments and coordinating storage and delivery to shop for installation.
- Organizing skids and shipping stands and preparing them for returns to suppliers.
- Moving parts between main building and warehouse as needed.
- Assembly of small turf products and attachments.
- Keeping storage areas clean and organized.
- Performing stock checks and perpetual inventory checks.
- Washing equipment and vehicles with pressure washer.
- Yard, facilities, and Lot Maintenance such as grass cutting and trimming, snow removal, etc.
- Operation of forklift when necessary.
- Other associated tasks as required by the Service and Parts Managers.
Skills and Requirements:
- Basic parts and machinery knowledge.
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of office /departmental procedures.
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred.
- Fork lift license is an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Rotating weekends and on-call participation will be required.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.