Location: Alliston, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, paid COVID leave along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Provide Premier Equipment Ltd, customers with an above average level of customer support encouraging allegiance, professionalism, Customer Service Initiatives and Corporate initiatives on an everyday basis.
- Promote Team Work and a “Customer First” commitment to all Branch and inter-Branch, Service, Parts and Sales departments.
- Perform all administrative responsibilities for the service department pertaining to internal, external and warranty work orders such as opening, maintaining, comments and invoicing.
- Ensure all accounts payable invoices utilize purchase order system and are properly posted to appropriate work order. All invoices including routine departmental invoices receive the proper G/L account numbers and are forwarded to A/P department.
- Daily, post all service departments payroll, ensuring accuracy for technician and work order recovery.
- Monitor WIP on a daily basis, ensuring a minimum 1.25 to 1 WIP to invoiced ratio is maintained on a rolling 30-day cycle.
- Ensure all misc. charges such as service accessories, trucking charges, service call charges, warranty allowances, dyno charges, etc. are applied to each work order accordingly.
- Assist the service manager with the control of lost time to ensure a corporate goal of 85% is met.
- Work towards reducing overall departmental expenses through vision and persistency. Provide constant feedback or suggestion, when and where, waste reduction or costs saving measures present themselves.
- Schedule all service department trucking as required and assist, inter-departmentally as required.
- Promote a safe, clean and healthy environment within the service department.
- Promote all departmental marketing initiatives as provided.
- Assist Service Manager with special events and projects as required.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Rotating Saturdays may be required
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.