Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Manage and execute regional Precision Ag mainstreaming tactics as set by the Precision Ag Manager. These include but are not limited to the following initiatives:
- Provide advanced consulting and sales coaching with territory sales reps and customers to develop and execute on farm precision ag strategies.
- Support the sales and parts teams in locating and developing solutions for the end user.
- Technical training with service staff on the setup, operation and adjustment of Large Ag equipment supported by integrated John Deere technology.
- Support the clinic program by developing and instructing as required.
- Develop and execute IS supported optimization services that will improve customer experience and allow PEL to proactively manage requests by:
- Identifying customers and work with the local store teams to execute an optimization program and provide proactive in field support during planting and harvest.
- Tactically working with end users to leverage data management strategies that benefit their operations.
- Build relationships internally and externally at Premier that enable us to provide market leading support.
- In field leadership of corporate demo equipment. By ensuring an effective demonstration is completed through proper setup of the equipment and thorough demonstration of the class leading features and technology.
Skills and Requirements:
- High degree of familiarity of Large Ag equipment configuration and operation.
- High degree of proficiency with technology and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Customer service experience, with sales background considered an asset.
- Ability to think on your feet and be productive in a self-driven role.
- Evening and weekend work may be required depending on seasonal demand.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.