Location: Elmira, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premier Equipment Ltd is a full-service John Deere dealership specializing in agriculture, lawn and commercial grounds care and compact construction equipment. With heritage dating back to the 1950's, our organization has grown through the decades bringing to life John Deere's commitment to customers of quality and innovation.
Premier proudly serves Southern Ontario with 8 locations (Alliston, Ayr, Elmira, Listowel, Ospringe, Tavistock, Smithville and Norwich), offering a robust parts inventory and over 90 technicians able to provide service and maintenance.
Our Purpose statement is “To be the best part of our customer’s day by improving their business and lifestyle.”
We appreciate that customers have many options when it comes to who they select to meet their equipment and service needs – be it for their business (farm, landscape or compact construction) or for their lifestyle (lawn, garden, home and workshop). When customers call on Premier Equipment it is because they have a problem or need they require assistance with – could be an equipment or technology need, or a repair or service need. Whatever the circumstance, we challenge our staff to be the “best part of our customer’s day” by effectively providing them with quality products and exceptional service to meet needs and make their business more productive or their tasks around their home or property more efficient or enjoyable.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, RSP matching, Profit Share, along with many other perks. As an essential business, we offer secure employment with an engaging team atmosphere!
Come and hear what we are all about!
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of vendor invoices and enter for payment.
- Coordinate weekly vendor cheque run and online vendor payments.
- Maintain Vendor accounts.
- Perform beginner to intermediate General Ledger account analysis and reconciliations as needed.
- Maintain filing system for all accounts payable related documents.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all Accounts Payable files.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly organized, detail oriented and continuously striving for accuracy.
- 2 or more years of experience in accounts payable related position.
- General knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to solve mild to moderately difficult problems.
- Must be able function in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Work effectively with other teammates, particularly other AP Coordinator.
- Above average computer skills including the use of computerized accounting software and Microsoft Office.
At Premier Equipment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.